New Client Setup
This page will show you how to set up a new client by doing the following:
- Add a new client page
- Add images to the Featured Tab
- Add images to the appropriate galleries.
Add a New Client Page
- In the squarespace.com navigation go to Pages and click on the + sign.
- Then, click on Page
- Enter the client's name.
- Once the new page is created go to the right and hover over the page until the EDIT option appears and click on it.
- A new section will appear where you can enter the Clients info, logo, pictures and link.
- Using Barley Pfeiffer as an example we can use the company's info and logo:
- BARLEY|PFEIFFER ARCHITECTURE is located in the historic West End of downtown Austin, Texas. It is a full-service corporation that has enjoyed success designing a select number of award-winning professional offices, recreational centers, churches, restaurants, educational facilities, and fine custom residences throughout the United States. Barley|Pfeiffer is proud to be pioneers of environmentally responsive “green” building design and construction techniques. Understanding that a structure can be built with minimal impact on natural resources, while not sacrificing beauty, supports a belief that one can live well while living green and have fun doing it!
Enter the text into the "write here section":
Hovering over the far left corner a indention bubble will pop up. Click on this to add an image.
Click on image and drag and drop the logo into the "Add image" section.
Once logo uploads. Hit apply. The page should look like this:
Drag the logo to the right of the text and drop it to the right to keep the structure.
- Next, adjust size. Use a spacer to create more or less spaces between logo and blurb. You can add spacers the same way you added an image. By hovering to the left and clicking on the indent bubble and scrolling down to "Spacer"
Next, add a text box the same way you add an image and spacer. Here you will add the company's link. Using Barley Pfeiffer we add the text www.barleypfeiffer.com. Highlight it to make it bold and italicized. Then click on the chain symbol next to the italicize option and add the website to make it a clickable link.
Once we have the company info, the logo and link we can add the high quality images provided by the client to the add images section.
Once finished adding all the pictures you can save and verify in a separate window that all works well. Links, layout etc.
Add Images to the Featured Page
- In the squarespace.com navigation go to Pages > Featured and click on the + sign.
- Then, click on Image
- Next, a window will pop up where you can add the Image, Image Title and text.
- For the featured gallery we only add the image. You can do this by clicking on "Add an image" and navigating to the image in your computer. Or by drag and dropping a picture onto the "add an image" section.
- Click Save. Repeat for all featured images.
Add images to the appropriate galleries.
- Check for quality of pictures. Making sure they have a minimum width of about 1500 pixels.
- Sort pictures according to living, bedroom, office etc.
- Using the "Living" section as an example, navigate in squarespace to Pages > Living. Here you can can add a image by clicking on the + sign at the top of the pictures.
- Select Image
Here, we will be entering the Pro's info, link and images.
- Using the client example from:
- Vervano Furniture from Austin Tx
- We enter "Vervano Furniture Austin Tx" in the "Enter an image title" section.
- Upload the image by dragging and dropping onto the "Add an Image" section or click on "Add an image" and find it in your computer.
- Next, in the "write here..." section enter the text "More Info".
- Italicize and bold "More Info"
- Click and highlight "More Info" and click on the link symbol
Here navigate under Content section and scroll down and click on Vervano or the appropriate Pro's Info Page.
- Click "Save".
- Verify the link clicks through to the Pro's Info page and the image is displayed correctly.